Wittybee Statement on Data Safety
Wittybee is a software-as-a-service (SaaS). The SaaS market is a 39.3 billion dollar market with a 22.6% YoY growth rate. Naturally, data safety becomes a basic need, without which the industry can never actually exist.
Wittybee's mission is to provide you with a world-class collaboration and cloud storage service. Therefore, data safety naturally becomes the very fundamental foundation on which we operate. It is elemental to our business in the same way as oxygen is elemental to human life.
Take the analogy of your bank. The bank has security specialists working round the clock to protect your money. Hence, your money is safer in your bank than in your home. Likewise, your data is much more protected in the cloud than elsewhere.
The following sections delve into how Wittybee keeps your data secure, private, durable and available.
At its core, Wittybee encrypts every piece of data with the industry standard AES256 cipher. The data, depending on its size and type, is split into multiple slices and saved on distributed disks. Multiple copies are maintained at all times on separate disks on separate servers. This redundant storage technology ensures that there's no single point of failure. If a disk fails, other copies take over and subsequently, a new copy is automatically created from the healthy copies. The technology is thus self-healing. The self-healing process also repairs your data in case of disk errors. Wittybee storage cloud's annual data durability, based on statistical calculations, is 99.999999999%. Compare this with the 95% durability of your hard disks. See the Data Durability Calculator.
All communication between the Wittybee data center and your device is encrypted point-to-point using industry standard technologies such as TLS with AES256 or RC4. This means that no ISP or government can see your data on the network.
Command and control
Wittybee runs a state-of-the-art command and control center, having digital access controls and physical security. The command and control center itself is redundant and can be operated from a remote location in case of a disaster.
Our system admins are highly qualified and receive what we call – a ‘fanatic' training. Access control, logging and auditing of system admin activities enforces an impeccable sense of accountability on part of the system admins.
Following are the key security and safety features of our data center –
- Located outside the 500 year flood plain
- Located in seismic zone 2B
- Maintains 24×365 on-site security staff
- Maintains digital access controls
- ISPs connect through diverse conduit entries
- Infrastructure is barricaded in metal cages
- SOC 2 and SOC 3 compliant
- HIPAA compliant
A combination of hardware and software firewalls block unwanted traffic to our data center infrastructure. In addition, our infrastructure runs very few services and keeps very few ports open.
Wittybee has deployed one of the most advanced redundancy architecture to ensure that your data is constantly available to you.
- File storage
- Multiple copies of all files are preserved at all times on separate file servers.
- Multiple copies of all data are preserved at all times on separate database servers.
- Database is stored on capacitor-backed enterprise-grade SSDs.
- Multiple, redundant ISPs home in to provide burstable Internet bandwidth.
- 20G internal network bandwidth is more than sufficient to handle peak loads.
- Internal network
- Redundant active-active firewalls, load balancers, routers and switches ensure that device failure doesn't affect operations.
- Two independent active-active power supplies are present inside all data center devices including servers and switches. This means that if one power supply fails, another one keeps the device powered up.
- Power from the utility company is fed from two separate feeder lines.
- In case of power failure from the utility company, redundant UPSes with 12 minutes guaranteed performance keep the data center powered up until redundant generators kick in.
- Redundant HVAC systems keep servers cool at all times. Failure of a single HVAC system doesn't affect operations.
- Disaster recovery (coming very soon)
- All data is constantly replicated in a separate redundant DR (disaster recovery) data center, so that if the primary data center is destroyed, the data is safe at the DR site.
- Offline operation
- The Wittybee desktop app stores the up-to-date copies of all your personal files and team files locally on your computer.
- In future, Wittybee will also preserve a copy of your tasks and chats on your computer, so that in any event that you can't connect to Wittybee, you always have 100% of your data available offline.
Safety of data is paramount to us and we do everything humanly and technologically possible to ensure this. For us, nothing comes first.